Sunday, April 28, 2013

Run for a Reason

The reason I started running was for me; a simple, selfish reason of getting out of the house for a while on my own and doing something that makes me stronger and healthier. Today I began week four of my couch to 5km program and while out there on the road, thinking of the women who walk for water, at least one of whom is my clan sister, I was thinking that I should do something like run for Mother Earth. And then I ran right past a gorgeous eagle feather right on the side of the road. On my way back I picked it up and gave thanks (wish I'd has some tobacco to put down) and kept thinking about my idea the whole way.

Running for a higher purpose makes sense; my first marathon is going to be the Victoria Goddess Run, which is raising money for local women's chairities. I was drawn to it for the name, that it wasn't 'just' a run, and also that I'd be in the right place at the right time. It's just over a month away now, but after that I don't know what's next. I'll keep running, keep training, but why? To what purpose? Apparently for Mother Earth. I'm going to send an email to my clan sister about this, and also to Bawdwaywedun and ask him what I should do to honour my feather, and if I'm allowed to wear it. I'm going to bring it up with me to Nanaimo today for Beltaine and at least cleanse it with my Circle. Wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment